Low-temperature washing on brasses to remove stain and oxidation without using nitric acid and without CrVI-based passivation.
The mechanical machining of brasses compulsorily requires the use of emulsionable or cutting oil. The residues of these and relative sludge are the main causes of the presence of oxidation and stains on the material which is thus not appropriate for selling.
In other cases, it is the loosening, even in controlled environment, which changes the natural colour of brass.
ECO-PICKLING washing acts directly on the stains and oxidations leaving the original colour of brass or copper intact thus avoiding the classic conventional pickling colour.
- Recovery of oxidised stained material
- Light passivation to protect the end colour
- Nitric acid-free
- Low operating temperature (40°C)
- Can be paired with the de-leading next gen (DNG) process
- CE1907/2006 – 18/12/06 REACH
- Annex XIV: list of substances subject of approval;
- Annex XVII: hazardous preparations and articles, restrictions regarding manufacturing, introduction into the market and use of some substances;
- 59 par.10: SVHC (substances of very high concern)
- 2011/65/UE – ROHS 3
- Free of lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (Cr6+), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE), phthalic acid esters (DEHP, BBP, DBP, DIBP)