Low-temperature electrolytic de-nickelling and de-nickel/chrome-plating treatment without affecting the base material.
The treatment is selective towards nickel and chromium, it does not affect brasses and copper alloys, thus being an optimal alternative to pickling for the recovery of improperly coated material.
- Recovery of improperly nickel-plated/chrome-plated material (flakings, burns)
- Verifying tolerances/specifications (the removal of the deposit leaves heights and roughness of the original material intact)
- CE1907/2006 – 18/12/06 REACH
- Annex XIV: list of substances subject of approval;
- Annex XVII: hazardous preparations and articles, restrictions regarding manufacturing, introduction into the market and use of some substances;
- 59 par.10: SVHC (substances of very high concern)
- 2011/65/UE – ROHS 3
- Free of lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (Cr6+), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE), phthalic acid esters (DEHP, BBP, DBP, DIBP)
This treatment cannot be used as finish but as a base for the reconditioning of the finish deposits, or as a control tool.